Beauty and the Beast

1:29 AM




When I was a little girl, me and my friends liked to be a pretend princess. Most of them wanted to be Cinderella or Ariel-- those two are the most popular ones. But I would always chose to be Belle. I watched it when I was about 9 or 10 years old maybe, and I remembered on that day I felt that its okay to be different and to actually likes to read a lot-- although at that time I read Japanese comic books, but still I brought it with me everywhere most of the times and my mom would scowled at me if its already dark and I just didn't want to put the book down.

Imagine when I first found out that Disney is making a remake of Beauty and the Beast, I was jumping up and down like a bunny rabbit! Okay, I have to confess that I had a huge massive expectations for this remake of Beauty and the Beast, but its really my FAVORITE princess I think Im allowed to have a slightly more expectations than other Disney remake.

The day came, and there I was with my sister, and my cousins and some of their friends who are a massive fan as well, standing excitedly inside the cinema and with popcorn in hand, we came inside the studio and sat nicely, waiting for the light to dimmed and that Disney Castle logo appear. And when that happened, I squealed under my breath, with my hands covering my mouth my upper body just jiggle from side to side, back and forth. I was a 9 year old girl again!

The movie took about 130 minutes, 45 minutes longer than the cartoon, and there are some added storyline which are for me who is a fan, finds a bit strange and unnecessary but still acceptable although it adds more drama to the movie made it heavier than the original version. This one I felt a bit more theatrical and broadway-like. I think because of the new songs. The new songs are different than the original ones, theyre not as cheerful and and more opera like and just sad.. Yes, I think that was it, they added sadness with tragic and loss storyline.

Overall it was an experience, a time machine to be exact! As for the movie itself, to be honest, its not that good. It was okay, but there are things I would like to fix if i were the director (hehe). Emma could play it a bit more sweeter and playful instead I feel shes a bit too stiff, also some scene (like the dining room 'Be Our guest' scene) she should be more enthusiastic and in awe --as the Belle in the cartoon did, after all she was watching a show of plates and cups dancing and singing in front of her! Also the Beast when he became human, should be more handsome. Because in real life, Dan Steven is cute! So really, a bit of a downer when the Beast transformed into the Prince and not as handsome as I thought its going to be. And other minor details which you may find slightly irritating but you will forgive them because its Beauty and the Beast, after all.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. waaa aku sampe sekarang malah belum nonton nih, seru banget yaa???

    -M.
    http://www.inklocita.com/2017/04/apply-visa-jepang.html

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images