heartfelt series

6:36 AM


Okay where should I begin? First of all, I knew this series from Mandy Moore-- her Instagram of course, and I remember I was so stoked when I found out who was playing her husband! Yes it's Jess! All grown up with beard and moustached and biceps, no more skinny little cute boy from Gilmore anymore. So yes, I of course definitely wanted to watch the series oh so badly. But months passed by and I still had not start watching it, because I was pretty busy and the internet's broke down (I live in Bali, it's a common thing to have the internet's down. Mostly because of the rain. Or just a heavy wind, bad weather. All usual stuff)
So finally yesterday with Personal Hotspot from my iPhone, I started the series. Within the first 10 minutes, I was already crying my eyes out. And (im dead serious) every 10 minutes they made my eyes flooded with tears, again, and again. And I continue to watched it for 5 episodes straight- I wanted to continue but my eyes are so tired from all the crying!
The story is about family. About being a parent, about being a kid, about being a brother/sister, about relationship between them and their own personal relationships. Mandy (Rebecca) and Milo (Jack) are the parents for their 3 kids, two of them are twins and the one they adopted. I dont want to spoil too much because its THAT good really.
All I can tell you is it's very refreshing that the world still have this kind of story. Where nowdays series are sometimes too intense or too dark or too hard to be funny/ sarcastic. This Is Us sort of a hope for mankind, that we are still able to do good and be good even though the world today is chaotic.
It's real, its heartfelt, and the most important thing is its positive. After watching it I felt uplifted, hope, and simply happy.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images