Unconsciously Dependent

6:48 AM

As a girl growing up, somehow its sinful for the society to actually go everywhere alone, by myself with no companion. I went to the mall alone, and accidentally bumped to a friend which of course not alone, and they will ask what am I doing, am i alone, why am I alone, and lastly they will most probably with a concern/sad face asked me to join them. It is such a strange thing and not normal to go about alone, wandering by myself and doing my own business. Even when going the toilet, girls usually goes in pairs, as if there will be monsters in the toilet and if we have a friend with us they will smack the monster's head because those are the things we might find in the toilet. Im sure maybe at first, the reason is just so they can talk or gossip during their way to the toilet. But the habit has been so natural to them that they become unconsciously dependent. 


Walking alone, enjoying the time with myself makes me feel confident. Because I have to decide on myself weather should I buy this dress or not, what should I eat, and etcetera. By the time I got back, I feel content and good about myself, because those are my decisions-- although there are times I would regret the things I did buy and should asked a second opinion to, but the important thing is I know I can count on myself, if anything.

I slept over at my cousin's last night, and she wasn't feeling well so she rested the whole morning, and I treated myself with a Me Time.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images